The role will work within defined parameters to coordinate and assist ITO & OTR teams in product management cycle and sourcing activities while maintaining costing database and tools.
You will be part of Reference solution team that develops and maintains standard solutions and costs for HVDC & AC control & protection systems and provides overall tender solution with associated documentation in line with customer requirement.
As a part of the Reference solution team, your contribution would be a foundation of efficient and good quality project delivery.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Compiling and submitting costs based on Engineering Architecture
- Completing Work package hours template based on Engineering requirements
- Maintaining templates for both cost and work package
- Updating Cost evolution for Control Hardware tendering
- If necessary, updating any required documentation
- Product :
- Attend meetings to discuss AVL / product issues
- Ensure Engineering advised of any obsolescence issues to assess impact
- Produce requirement estimate for any LTB
- Update Integration matrix with project costing for cubicles
- Take tender costs for controls hardware and produce BOM tracker for project
- Ensure request for quotation submitted in timely manner
- Where necessary raise the engineering evaluation to discuss merits of quotation with engineering
- Raise requisitions to cover purchase requirements in timely manner
- Maintain controls purchase smartsheet
- Produce CTC for project on monthly/bi-monthly basis
- Provide cost estimates as required
- Maintain RTDS equipment tracker
Engineer - Control Engineering Qualifications :
- Basic experience in the & Controls Engineering.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- Experience in working with Microsoft office tools like excel, MS word, Microsoft Visio
- Experience in SAP is nice to have.
Grid Solutions, a GE Renewable Energy business, serves customers globally with over 13,000 employees. We provide power utilities and industries worldwide with equipment, systems and services to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. Grid Solutions is focused on addressing the challenges of the energy transition by enabling the safe and reliable connection of renewable and distributed energy resources to the grid. We electrify the world with advanced grid technologies and accelerate the energy transition.
About GE Grid Solutions:
At GE Grid Solutions we are electrifying the world with advanced grid technologies. As leaders in the energy space our goal is to accelerate the transition for a more energy efficient grid to full fill the needs of tomorrow. With a focus on growth and sustainability GE Grid Solutions plays a pivotable role in integrating Renewables onto the grid to drive to carbon neutral. In Grid Solutions we help enable the transition for a greener more reliable Grid. GE Grid Solutions has the most advanced and comprehensive product and solutions portfolio within the energy sector.
Why we come to work:
At GE Renewable Energy, our engineers are always up for the challenge - and we’re always driven to find the best solution. Our projects are unique and interesting, and you’ll need to bring a solution-focused, positive approach to each one to do your best. Surrounded by committed, loyal colleagues, if you can dare to bring your ingenuity and desire to make an impact, you’ll be exposed to game-changing, diverse projects that truly allow you to play your part in the energy transition.
What we offer:
A key role in a dynamic, international working environment with a large degree of flexibility of work agreements
Competitive benefits, and great development opportunities - including private health insurance.